Acle Academy is a mixed, comprehensive school for pupils between the ages of 11 and 16. The school originally opened as a secondary modern in 1959, serving the village of Acle and others close by. It was built with accommodation for just 300 pupils. In 1978 the school became comprehensive as part of a reorganisation of education within the county. In 1992 the school became grant maintained and self-governing. With the change in national government we chose to adopt foundation status in 1999.
In September 2003, the school was awarded specialist status in science and mathematics and became Acle Specialist Science High School with a change in logo and uniform to match the new identity. Most recently, in September 2012, the school has taken advantage of the opportunity to have direct control over our budget and curriculum and our latest “incarnation” brings with it a change of name to “Acle Academy”.
To visit the Acle Academy website click here.