Acle Academy - Cook Manager
Norse Catering work in partnership with a growing number of schools, care homes and businesses across the Norfolk and Suffolk region to deliver meal services throughout the day.
Postcode: NR13 3ER
Salary: £18415 pro rata
Closing date: 06/05/2021
Utilising local and fresh produce, Norse deliver an exceptional customer service whilst ensuring nutrition and variety for their clients.
We deliver our catering services to Acle Academy, and we are looking for a Cook Manager to work on-site on a full-time, permanent basis working 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday during term time.
As a Cook Manager, you will drive the on-site delivery of our catering service, leading the preparation and cooking of fresh meals on a daily basis. You will help our managers design and implement menus focused around utilising locally sourced and healthy ingredients, ensuring the service we deliver is nutritious.
- Assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food to the highest standard
- Manage and guide the catering team
- Contribute to high levels of customer service
- Comply and have full knowledge of regulations regarding Health & Safety, ensuring that best food practices and hygiene procedures are adhered to.
Our Successful Candidate:
We are looking for you to demonstrate a mixture of commercial catering experience and your own passion for cooking, in particular;
- Proven experience in a hands-on cooking role in a busy catering environment
- Food Hygiene certificate, with working knowledge of kitchen health & safety
- Experience leading and/or supervising an on-site catering team
- Ability to create a variety of meals with fresh ingredients
- Excellent time-keeping skills, able to meet strict deadlines
- Good communication skills, comfortable engaging with colleagues and clients
We can offer full training and support within the role, as well as the opportunity to develop within a national company. You will also benefit from an annual leave entitlement, pension scheme, and a variety of wider benefits.
All salaries for part-time positions are worked out pro-rata of the full-time equivalent salary shown in the advert, calculated on your contracted hours per week.
Please read the attached Job Description to ensure you meet the criteria before applying.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for our successful candidate, payment will be met by the employer. Please click here for details of our DBS policy relating to the recruitment of ex-offenders.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy once we have received sufficient applications, so we would advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
Due to the high numbers of applications we receive for our vacancies, if you do not hear from us within 4 weeks of the date you apply, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful for this position.