Monday 22nd June - Reception Blog
Hello, here are some home learning ideas for the week beginning 22nd June
This week is based on 'Princess Mirror-Belle and the Dragon Pox' by Julia Donaldson.
Here are some ideas for activities to do throughout the week - some online, some you can print out (if you've got a printer and want to) and some suggestions of things to do. Or you might like to come up with your own activities based on the books too.
- Watch 'Princess Mirror-Belle and the Dragon Pox' being read on You Tube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAFaJfcqqt4&safe=active
- Can you find any other books about being unwell
- Can you find any other story books by Julia Donaldson which you've not read yet
- Can you find any other stories featuring castles
- Build your own 3D palace or castle - you could use your construction toys or any recyclable materials. Can you name all of the shapes that you have used?
- Look at the Castles and Patterns file below - can you sort out where the repeating patterns have gone wrong. Can you create your own repeating pattern and make a mistake for someone in your family to solve?
- Look at the Counting Spots file and in each picture can you add up the spots on both girls - you could write a number sentence (3 + 4 = 7) to go with each one.
- Look at the numbertrack file below - can you make your own number track using toilet roll to practise writing and ordering your numbers to 20. Then you could go outside or around your house and use your numblertrack to measure things you find. When you've finished you could cut your number track up and see if you can put it back in order. If 1-20 is too easy, can you go up to 50?
- The girls only have one slipper each - can you look where you keep your clothes and shoes - how many doubles/pairs of things have you got?
- Look at the pairs of shoes in your house - can you compare them: who has the biggest, the longest, the shortest, the heaviest, the lightest? Can you put all the shoes in order of size? Can you make a shoe shop - how much would each pair of shoes cost? You could measure your families feet and match them up to the best shoe for them.
- The first cure Princess Mirror-Belle tries is to run a bath - how long does your bath take to fill? Explore full and half full with different containers. Look at the Bath file for ideas to try in the sink to exlore capacity
- Can you write a numbered list of all the things that Princess Mirror-Belle did to make a cure for the dragon Pox?
- Can you write a cure of your own for dragon pox?
- Mirrors are shiny - can you go for a shiny/not shiny hunt around your house and outside and write 2 seperate lists of the objects that you find?
- Can you write a story about if your reflection came to life and the adventures you would go on?
- Make sure you are reading to your grown up AT LEAST 3 times a week. There are all the songbird books on the Oxford Owls website for you to use. This is the hardest skill to acquire but the quickest one to lose at this crucial stage. https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/books/free-ebooks/ or ebooks available from The Norfolk Library Service https://www.norfolk.gov.uk/libraries-local-history-and-archives/libraries/find-an-item/ebooks-and-eaudio
- Collins have a range of ebooks which are free to use at the moment go to Collins Connect and click on the Teacher portal and enter:
- Play on Teach your Monster to read https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/
- At school we are looking at all the phase 3 diagraphs again - this week we will watch the Mr Thorne videos for ee, igh, oa, oo/oo and air. Can you do a Geraldine the giraffe search around your house and find things containing these diagraphs?
- Can you have a go at writing a list of words containing these diagraphs or a sentence containing some of the diagraphs
- Use a mirror to do a self-portrait - you could draw or paint depending on what you have at home.
- Have a go at the spot the difference sheet.
- Can you go on a reflection - how many different places can you see reflections? Also have a think about why we need mirrors? Where have you seen mirrors inside and outside?
We look forward to seeing what you get up to this week - please keep emailing, uploading to EExAT or posting to the FOGG facebook page.
Have a good week!