Art & Design
Our Art & Design department is housed in a purpose-built, well-designed block offering four superb art studios, some of which are double height. Our facilities include a resource centre, an outdoor sculpture area and, on entering the department, a vibrant exhibition space.
All years explore a range of media and techniques in 2D/ 3D, use new technologies and study a range of artefacts from contemporary, historical and cultural contexts.
Skills students will develop
- Exploring and developing ideas
- Investigating and making art, craft and design
- Evaluating and developing work
- Knowledge and understanding.
Art & Design teachers - education and experience
A team of innovative teachers and an arts technician work together to form a visually exciting and fun learning environment for all students. Between them, Miss Penton, Mr Life, Mr West and Miss Ford have the following experience:
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, Multidisciplinary
- BA (Hons) Textile Design
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, Painting
- BA (Hons) Fine Art, Sculpture
- BA (Hons) Visual Studies
- Postgraduates in Art and Design Education
- Two staff members qualified to Master's Degree level
- National and international exhibitions