Year 7 Art & Design
From the art of Van Gogh via the Mexican Day of the Dead, water colour painting, wire sculpture and kite art, Hellesdon High School Art Department offers the opportunity to engage with a really exciting range of artworks and processes within a lively and ever-evolving series of projects.
A series of tasks to determine students’ levels and targets for Y7 and KS3
SKILLS AND TECHNIQUES
- Line: a series of drawing activities investigating the use of line in a variety of materials – from observation and imagination.
- Mark-making: investigating mark-making techniques in a range of materials.
- Tone: using tone (light and dark shading) in drawing activities.
- Students explore a range of media and techniques in 2D/ 3D, new technologies, and study a range of artefacts from contemporary, historical and cultural context.
RESOURCES / EQUIPMENT
- sketchbook (provided)
- planner (provided)
- pencils: HB and 2B
- Artist’s Toolkit: http://www.artsconnected.org/toolkit
- Tate Gallery: http://kids.tate.org.uk
- ArtPad.com: http://artpad.com/artpad/painter
- Visit the art blog to see our latest exhibitions of stunning student art
Students will be given drawing tasks to complete in your sketchpad (1 hour per fortnight), and research tasks where you will collect and present information in your sketchpad.