The Pupil Premium is additional funding given to schools based upon the number of parents/carers who claim Free School Meals for their child or children.
To ensure that the school receives as much additional funding as possible and children, parents and carers benefit, all parents/carers who may be eligible should complete the ‘Application for Free School Meals’ which can be obtained from the school office. Please do pop in and chat to the staff as you might well be eligible for additional funding for your child, so that we can provide even more support and resources to help your child learn and enjoy their experiences at school. Please see below a list of some of the ways we provided additional help, support, resources and guidance, last year:
- Additional Teaching Assistants to work with smaller groups of children and in some areas of the curriculum, on a 1:1 basis.
- Specific Pastoral Teaching Assistants to lead nurture and mediation sessions for children.
- Subsidies to help parents buy uniform or financial support so that all children can access all residential and educational visits.
- Additional money to buy more reading books for the children’s classrooms and library.
- Additional teachers to support and booster children in Year 6, so that they are SATs ready and well-prepared for their next stage of education at High School.
- Additional money to buy in external professional education services such as Specialist Advisory Teachers and Education Psychologists to carry out assessment for individual children.
If you require any further information, please don’t hesitate to contact myself (Mrs Stroulger) or Mrs Fitzpatrick in the school office and we would be more than happy to answer any questions.