Early Language Resources
Kirstie Page - Speech, Language & Early Literacy Consultant
This CPD link is within the public domain. Please feel free to access the content of the folder.
The content of this folder includes:
- The link to the EYFS Forum Podcast.
- The link to the EYFS Forum – Speech & Language for 5-7 Year Olds.
- The Link to the EYFS Forum – SLCD & PSED article.
- Language Enrichment Training – Originally delivered through YEAT English Hub this discusses the principles of interactions and language enrichment when taking children’s current skills and next steps into consideration. Although Launchpad is briefly mentioned, this training is applicable for all, even if people don’t use Launchpad.
- Speech & Language – The Bedrock for Literacy – this interview with Kathy Brodie for the EYFS Summit with the Speech, Language & Communication focus, looks at how SLC Development underpins literacy readiness. However, we also discuss links with PSED, maths and the move towards a Knowledge-Based Curriculum.
- Links to CPD through Orgill English Hub – Interactions & Language Enrichment, What to consider if children are not on-track/Meeting age-related expectations? & Embedding Interventions for Common Targets from Speech & Language Therapy
- Launchpad for Literacy & the EYFS – This is an overview of Launchpad for Literacy within the EYFS, looking at how it fits in with the EYFS Reforms, Phase One, identifying SLC and other needs and working with outside agencies.
- Link to discussions with Anne Brass from Durham LA about the Ethos & Applications of Launchpad for Literacy
Subfolder – Wensum English Hub
- Recordings of Interaction & Language Enchrichment, What to consider if children are not on track & Embedding Interventions