Home School Agreement
Firside Junior School recognises that the successful development of our pupils depends on an effective partnership between the school, students and parents/carers. We believe that clear, open communication between all three parties has a positive impact on pupils' learning.
We share responsibility for the development and achievement of each pupil and, together, we commit ourselves to the responsibilities outlined in each of our roles, listed below.
The Home School Agreement has been designed based on our school ethos: Become the best that you can be: for learning, for life, for future success and our DREAM values (Determination, Resilience, Enthusiasm, Ambition and Motivation).
We agree to:
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum to meet the needs of all pupils
- Provide a safe and caring environment, in which all pupils are treated with respect
- Encourage children to be the best that they can be and develop a caring and responsible attitude
- Celebrate achievements
- Contact parents if there is a problem with their child’s attendance, work or behaviour
- Set and monitor regular homework
- Keep parents regularly informed of the progress and achievements of their child
- Keep parents informed about school activities through regular newsletters, the School App and email.
We agree to:
- Ensure that my child attends school, on time and properly equipped
- Encourage my child to do their best
- Contact the school before 9.00am if my child is unwell and cannot attend
- Inform the school of anything that may affect my child’s work or behaviour
- Support the school in maintaining good behaviour and discipline
- Ensure that homework is completed to the best of my child’s ability and returned to school on time
- Attend parents’ evenings each term
I agree to:
- Work hard and do my best in school
- Treat other people, the school and property with care and respect
- Follow the school rules
We also agree to show our school values of DREAM by:
- Being determined to follow the school values and ethos
- Working hard and showing resilience
- Displaying enthusiasm and ambition for learning
- Demonstrating motivation to complete my homework on time
By following this agreement, I know that I will be giving myself the best chance of becoming the best I can be: in my learning, in my life and for my future success.