Our aim here at Wells-next-the-Sea Primary & Nursery School is that all children will enjoy school and develop a love of learning.
Here, we create and sustain a secure, happy, healthy and stimulating environment which fosters in children curiosity and the desire to learn. We strive for children to become confident and fulfilled both as individuals and members of a changing society. We strongly believe that every child at our school has the opportunity to achieve their potential in every aspect of learning, whilst enjoying school life to the full.
Our inspirational, creative and enquiry based curriculum provides memorable and meaningful learning experiences. We encourage the children to become confident, independent and resilient, as well as co-constructors of their own learning. We seek to ensure that they have an awareness of their community – locally, nationally and internationally.
We continue to work with The Wensum Trust, which is a growing, dynamic and family-centred Trust, based in Norwich. We work closely with other schools and Headteachers, some of which are leading outstanding provisions, to enable our children on the North Norfolk coast, to access the best education possible.
We have celebrated another good year of results across the school and we continue to strive to improve standards, always valuing parents and pupils’ contributions along the learning journey too. We always maintain our positive attitude to learning in school and we congratulate all our pupils on their daily achievements and through weekly celebration assemblies.
This is an exciting year for our school community as we have new staff joining us, an excellent team ethos and children who are striving to learn every day, experiencing new challenges along the way.
We welcome new families to join us on this journey and would very much welcome you to visit our school. Do please give the school office a call and myself or Mrs Norman, our Deputy Headteacher, would love to show you around.
- To provide a varied and stimulating range of experiences which value learning in all areas of the curriculum equally.
- To promote in the children an ownership of, and connection with, their own rural and coastal environment, its history and its creative community.
- To develop the children’s knowledge, practical and thinking skills, and an understanding of how they can be independent learners.
- To help children develop self-awareness and a sense of respect for, and responsibility towards, themselves, others and their environment.
- We aim for an ethos of inclusion so that all members of the school community feel valued. We will challenge all forms of discrimination and ensure no child is discriminated against on the grounds of special needs. We will actively promote multi-cultural awareness and gender equality.
- We greatly value working in partnership with parents for the benefit of the children. We will actively promote links with the local and wider community to enhance and enliven pupils learning, and use outside visits to enrich the curriculum. We aim to provide facilities for the community to the greatest extent possible.
- We aim to create a positive ethos so that pupils develop their self-esteem and aspire to attain more highly. Pupils will be encouraged to respond to challenge, recognise effort and persistence, celebrate their successes, and reflect upon their learning.
In order to gain the best outcomes for our pupils, we have been researching ways to support them further. We have decided to follow a Values-based Education. Research shows that this makes children feel more confident and more prepared for the wider world.
Wells Primary and Nursery School officially became part of The Wensum Trust on 1 September 2017.
As part of The Wensum Trust, our school benefits from a wealth of opportunities to help achieve the Trust-wide ethos of developing happy and engaged children at all stages of the educational journey.
The Wensum Trust has schools situated within three geographical hubs across Norfolk, providing seamless transitions from early years through to sixteen plus. The City hub has schools in and around Norwich, the Rural hub includes schools in and around Acle and the Coastal hub comprises schools on the North Norfolk coast.
All three hubs work closely together to provide a rich and diverse range of experiences for children within all Trust schools. Community partnerships, often unique to The Wensum Trust, are developed locally with organisations such as the Norwich City Community Sports Foundation, North Walsham Rugby Club and Wells Sea Cadets, and made accessible across all three hubs. This creates an educational approach which is far broader and deeper than just the academic national curriculum and builds opportunities for all children to discover where they excel and to develop into confident, healthy and fulfilled members of society.
For more information on The Wensum Trust, please visit their website using the link below.