Children at our school enjoy learning and achieve incredibly well because of our outstanding curriculum and our commitment to our vision.
We are also extremely proud to be one of only 34 English Hubs in the country. This means we have been recognised for providing the very best phonics education for your child, enabling them to acquire the skills they need for reading and opening doors to new worlds.
'Preparing Children for a Bright Future in a Changing World'
To achieve this, Heather Avenue Infant School is dedicated to:
- providing education of the highest quality and creativity.
- helping children become confident, respectful, skilled, reflective and independent learners.
- valuing each child and supporting them to value each other.
- providing all children with equal opportunities.
- fostering a caring, nurturing environment through links between the school, home and community.
Our caring and nurturing staff put the needs of our children first and take a holistic approach to supporting positive emotional health and wellbeing as well as academic progress. We aim to maintain an environment where children are kind to one another, enjoy their time at school, feel safe and are high-achieving. To support this, we have developed a school community ethos of: Aiming High:
- A welcoming school for all
- Inspiring a love of stories and learning
- Motivating confident, inquisitive, skilled, reflective learners
- Innovating a theme based, story rich, creative curriculum
- Nurturing kindness and positivity for all
- Giving the skills, knowledge and understanding to work independently or collaboratively
- Highest levels of achievement for all
- Instigating opportunities, responsibilities and experiences to prepare for life
- Generating a wide range of educational and real life memorable experiences
- Harnessing happy, healthy and safe lives – prepared for a bright future in a changing world
We promote a curriculum which encompasses our Golden Rules
- Do be gentle.
- Do be kind and helpful.
- Do work hard.
- Do listen to people.
- Do look after property.
- Do be honest.
Leading to our values of: Kindness, Resilience, Respect, Honesty, Compassion, Confidence and Hard Work.
To maintain our outstanding curriculum, we use an awards process to ensure we are continuously reviewing and developing our standards in all areas.
As part of The Wensum Trust, our school benefits from a wealth of opportunities to help achieve the Trust-wide ethos of developing happy and engaged children at all stages of the educational journey.
The Wensum Trust has schools situated within three geographical hubs across Norfolk, providing seamless transitions from early years through to sixteen plus. The City hub has schools in and around Norwich, the Rural hub includes schools in and around Acle and the Coastal hub comprises schools on the North Norfolk coast.
All three hubs work closely together to provide a rich and diverse range of experiences for children within all Trust schools. Community partnerships, often unique to The Wensum Trust, are developed locally with organisations such as the Norwich City Community Sports Foundation, North Walsham Rugby Club and Wells Sea Cadets, and made accessible across all three hubs. This creates an educational approach which is far broader and deeper than just the academic national curriculum and builds opportunities for all children to discover where they excel and to develop into confident, healthy and fulfilled members of society.
You can get more details about the Wensum Trust here.