Work Experience is very important at Alderman Peel High School because it enables our students to learn and practice a wide range of employability skills. Therefore, gaining more work related experience is likely to give our students an advantage in the labour market.
This opportunity also gives our students the chance to develop further their communication skills, self-confidence, working as part of a team, problem solving and their creativity.
It is always rewarding to hear of success stories from employers. Some of our employers have had such good experiences with students they offer them part-time jobs and has led to full-time employment.
Aims of Work Experience:
- Experience of the workplace and helps to prepare them for the transition from school to work
- Wider understanding of industrial and commercial life
- Ways of thinking and behaving appropriate in the workplace
- Increased self-confidence and independence
- Enhanced communication skills
- Improved capacity to work in co-operation with others
- Awareness of their own potential, enhancing their enterprise potential and utilising all their skills/attributes
Please use the following links to view the work experience information that is relevant to your role in this process:
"Doing work experience here has been an amazing opportunity. It has definitely encouraged me and motivated me further to work and study towards the medicine profession"
- Year 10 student
"...has been an exemplary placement student; police, helpful, prompt, willing and able, she has been a real help to the staff. She is the best work experience student that we have ever had. Brilliant."