Work Experience is very important at Alderman Peel High School because it enables our students to learn and practice a wide range of employability skills. Therefore, gaining more work-related experience is likely to give our students an advantage in the labour market.
This opportunity also gives our students the chance to develop further their communication skills, self-confidence, working as part of a team, problem-solving and their creativity.
It is always rewarding to hear success stories from employers. Some of our employers have had such good experiences with students they offer them part-time jobs which has led to full-time employment.
Aims of Work Experience:
- Experience in the workplace and helps to prepare them for the transition from school to work
- A wider understanding of industrial and commercial life
- Ways of thinking and behaving appropriately in the workplace
- Increased self-confidence and independence
- Enhanced communication skills
- Improved capacity to work in cooperation with others
- Awareness of their own potential, enhancing their enterprise potential and utilising all their skills/attributes
Please use the following links to view the work experience information that is relevant to your role in this process:
"Doing work experience here has been an amazing opportunity. It has definitely encouraged me and motivated me further to work and study towards the medicine profession"
- Year 10 student
"...has been an exemplary placement student; police, helpful, prompt, willing and able, she has been a real help to the staff. She is the best work experience student that we have ever had. Brilliant."