Hellesdon High School is an ambitious and caring school that provides a great variety of academic and cultural opportunities that challenge young people to succeed and to flourish. Learning is at the heart of all we do. Through high quality teaching, we ensure every student's talents and abilities are catered for, allowing them to excel academically and also to develop skills which allow them to become more independent in their learning, in preparation for life beyond school. Our school also has the benefit of being part of The Wensum Trust which, alongside its strategic partners, continues to offer new and exciting opportunities for our students.
Our staff take pride in knowing each student as an individual and work tirelessly to ensure that their needs are met. We believe that maintaining effective partnerships between home and school is key to a successful and enjoyable education. Our attentive Pastoral Team have also proven to be incredibly effective in supporting individuals and in promoting the friendly atmosphere that can be found at Hellesdon High School.
There are numerous theories about what makes a good school and education has been the object of much research - some good, some bad and some, simply bizarre. At Hellesdon High School, we try to do the simple things really well. These are:
- teaching which promotes active and independent learning
- appropriate resourcing
- promoting self-esteem, empathy and consideration for others and the world around us.
- fostering outstanding behaviour to support learning
- never walking past bad practice
All teaching areas are maintained to a high standard, producing a good learning environment for each of our students and we firmly believe in the pursuit of excellence. This is reflected in our aims, which underpin the ethos of our school.
- Hellesdon High School will enable everyone to realise their potential and enjoy life to the full.
- Hellesdon High School is a caring community, where concern is shown for the safety and welfare of others.
- Hellesdon High School will always try to provide a friendly learning atmosphere so that no one feels left out.
- Nobody should feel like they don't belong here; everyone who walks through the school gates is an equal.
- Hellesdon High School is a place where everyone can be someone.
- Hellesdon High School will help everyone to express and develop their individual interests, skills and gifts.
- Hellesdon High School will develop the lively and enquiring minds of students to appreciate and seek worthwhile human achievements.
- Hellesdon High School will help everyone to develop and achieve their own goals, with no target too small or too large.
- Hellesdon High School strives to make sure everyone achieves by ensuring everyone has equal chances in everything they do.
- Hellesdon High School uses education to transform the opportunities of its community and to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
- Hellesdon High School promotes success by offering an inspirational, innovative and creative curriculum.
- Hellesdon High School helps students to succeed by challenging them and supporting them throughout their time here.
- At Hellesdon High School students are prepared for adulthood and the outside world.
- Hellesdon High School will develop enthusiastic, confident learners who aspire to do their best.
- Hellesdon High School celebrates diversity and gives everyone the opportunity to become successful and do well in this changing world.
Hellesdon High School officially became part of The Wensum Trust on 1 March 2016.
As part of The Wensum Trust, our school benefits from a wealth of opportunities to help achieve the Trust-wide ethos of developing happy and engaged children at all stages of the educational journey.
The Wensum Trust has schools situated within three geographical hubs across Norfolk, providing seamless transitions from early years through to sixteen plus. The City hub has schools in and around Norwich, the Rural hub includes schools in and around Acle and the Coastal hub comprises schools on the North Norfolk coast.
All three hubs work closely together to provide a rich and diverse range of experiences for children within all Trust schools. Community partnerships, often unique to The Wensum Trust, are developed locally with organisations such as the Norwich City Community Sports Foundation, North Walsham Rugby Club and Wells Sea Cadets, and made accessible across all three hubs. This creates an educational approach which is far broader and deeper than just the academic national curriculum and builds opportunities for all children to discover where they excel and to develop into confident, healthy and fulfilled members of society.
For more information on The Wensum Trust, please visit their website using the link below.